Artists are invited to submit proposals for participating in Artists in the Park. This is a fundraising event where all proceeds go towards New Zealand-based programmes of Save the Children.
The Sculpture Park at Waitakaruru Arboretum near Hamilton is a former quarry that has been transformed into a magnificent 17.5 hectare garden and arboretum. Until 2013 the Park ran 24 successive sculptural exhibitions drawing visitors from around NZ and overseas. Currently it is only open by appointment with around 50 sculptures along its 2 km trail. The Park has a loyal following and a mailing list of over 2000.
Artists in the Park pays homage to our history of curated spring exhibitions, which celebrated especially the achievements of New Zealand glass artists in the only outdoor gallery setting for this medium.
We would like to hear from artists and artisans wanting to participate in this two day event:
• Please submit a proposal outlining your training, work practice and images of a selection of pieces you would like to exhibit.
• If your work is chosen, you will be allocated an exhibition space in the Sculpture Park on the 7th and 8th of November, with installation on Friday the 6th (the Sculpture Park is a private property, locked and monitored overnight), and de-installation Sunday 5pm-7pm.
• This is an outdoor event. You provide your own plinths/ tables/gazebo, if preferred, and be available for your sales (cash and carry event). Please let us know if you plan to bring a mobile eftpos device, mobile coverage can’t be guaranteed throughout the park but other methods of payment can be discussed.
• Demonstrations of your work practice are encouraged.
• Fees for participating artists are: $50 for a single artist, $100 for a group of up to three artists (Group meaning that you will exhibit your work in a shared space). No commission will be charged.
There is no restriction to the number of works for sale in your allocated space, as long as quality and style are consistent with the work approved by the curator.
For more information, or to submit your proposal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your initial enquiries and proposal by the 15 July 2015.